Mold grows naturally outdoors, but once it begins to grow inside your home, problems can arise. Mold is very hazardous to your health and home. Mold can cause illnesses, as well as significant damages to your property. Mold is known to destroy the integrity of your home by damaging floors, ceilings, walls, air ducts, and even crawl spaces. Mold can multiply and the spores can quickly transfer to other areas of your home. Once you see mold stains or smell a musty odor, it is too late. You already have a major mold infestation. Below we will discuss some of the dangers mold has on your health and why you should have it removed from your property.

Mold and The Dangers It Poses to Your Health

Mold grows naturally outside and can cause allergies, but it becomes a problem once it is inside your home. Most people are allergic to mold and react adversely to the mold growth. Many mold exposure symptoms mimic those of seasonal allergies, bit never go away. These symptoms stay with you because you remain exposed inside your property. Some of the more common signs of mold include:

  • Allergies
  • Sinus Congestion
  • Dry Coughs
  • Inflammation
  • Sore or Scratchy Throat
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Wheezing
  • Sneezing
  • Itchy or Burning Eyes
  • Skin Irritations or Rashes
  • Central Nervous System Problems
  • Respiratory Issues

As you can see, the symptoms are never-ending. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms for longer than a couple of weeks, see a doctor and contact a mold removal specialist. Mold should only be removed from a certified hazardous removal company. If the mold is not entirely removed, it can begin growing again. Mold removal companies have the proper tools to remove the mold and to kill any spores that may be left behind. This is done to ensure the mold will not start to regrow and spread.